Letters to the Next President 2.0 engages and connects young people, aged 13–18, as they research, write, and voice their opinions on issues that matter to them—and to our country—in the coming election. Hosted by the National Writing Project and KQED Education, together with key public media and Educator Innovator partners, Letters to the Next President 2.0 powers civic learning for a new generation of teachers, mentors, and youth.

Coming 2016

Beginning in January 2016, Letters to the Next President 2.0 will support educators in providing interest-driven opportunities to foster and encourage youth voice and civic engagement. Letters to the Next President 2.0 provides resources, learning opportunities, and curriculum ideas that help educators leverage the excitement around a national election to engage youth in the US with reading, writing, and media-making about issues that matter to them and their communities. Sign up today to receive information about the project launch and follow the hashtag #nextprez.