Eric M. Iowa

This is a article about gun control and how it should not be enforced.

Dear Future President:

My name is Eric Mulder, I go to Oskaloosa Christian School, and I am in 7th grade. I live in Oskaloosa Iowa.

I want to talk to you about gun control. I think it is an issue because if you make us unable to own guns then people won't be able to go hunting and just go shooting. I think gun control shouldn’t be enforced. Lots of people think that if there is stricter gun laws there will be less mass shooting, I don’t think that is true. It is not the guns doing the killing, it is the people shooting the guns.

The issue matters to me because I like to go hunting and use guns for pest control. If gun control is more strict people won’t be able to go hunting and the animal population will increase. Additionally if people can't have guns they won't be able to keep the pest population down. Also different animal eat dog and cat food and chew on wires in stuff.

You should care about this issue because people will get mad and not like you. People will also not be able to keep the pest population down. There will be way too many pests. And they will not be able to take the day off and go to the shooting range and shoot targets and clay pigeons. Lots of people just like to shoot guns.

You can do a lot about this issue. First off you could make it easier to go to a gun show and buy a gun. You also have to make bad people not able to get the guns. Like I said earlier it is not the guns doing the killing it is the people. You can do something about it.

This affects me in my Christian faith because in 1st Peter 5:8 it says “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” That means to me that we should be able to protect ourselves. We need guns for when people try to hurt or kill us.

I ask that you at least think about it . If you don’t want pests such as possums, raccoons and rats all over the place you need to do something. Likewise if you want us to stay safe from large animals and crazy people you need to help.

Eric Mulder