Bryce M. Illinois

Racism and xenophobia in the united states. Plus how trump is the symbol of it.

Bryce Makau Dear Mr. Trump My parents left South Africa to relocate here in the United States. They left for better opportunities and a brighter future for me plus my two siblings. My parents knew the odds of leading a successful life was slim but that didn't hold them back. Longs hours tiresome shifts is what it took to build the life we have now. So you calling all immigrants lazy is a bold statement. Considering the fact that you got a “small loan of one millions dollars” from you father i'm sure you never worked a day in your life. i would like to discuss the topic of xenophobia and how you are the symbol of it. Furthermore people have experienced racism just because of the color of their skin and where they came from. Your comment have made the issue grow even bigger than it has been before. After you won the election racial slurs have been painted on public places all across the country. Telling people you'll make a deportation force is insane and striking fear into all immigrants and their children. Everything you're saying and doing is like what Hitler did with the Jews putting the blame on the minorities in america. Your ideology and behavior is deplorable and not well executed and you should be ashamed.

Metea Valley High School

Metea Valley Sophomore English

All sophomore students at Metea Valley High School wrote letters to President-Elect Trump, voicing their issues on ideas that are important to them. These letters were part of a three-week project, where we learned about rhetorical situation; types of claims; types of evidence; and embedding quotes.