Adrianna A. Pennsylvania

Adrianna Amparo

.

My name is Adrianna Amparo and I was born in New York. I moved to Philadelphia when I was 6. I’m 16 years old now and I go to Olney Charter High School im in 11th grade. I’ve seen bullying happening a couple of times. This is important to me because I don’t want anybody taking their live over some drama and I would like to see everybody together and communicating. I will be telling you a story and give you some statistics on bullying.

Let me tell you a story about some girl I knew and she got bullied all the time. She used to get called “ a thot “ or ‘’ that she’s dirty “ and all these other names. Then they wanted to jump her etc. Once she found that they wanted to jump her she decided to stop going to school because she got sick of it. I found this really sad because all this bullying is getting out of hand. What I don’t understand is you’re stopping yourself from your education and focusing on the drama. I really want to know why people like to bully other people because at the end of the day you don’t know what they go through at home. Bullying needs to come to an END. I say this because nobody likes a bully and being one just makes it worse. Most bullying is unreported because it’s done while the teachers/adults are not watching.

I sometimes wonder when my classmates are absent their being bullied. More than 16,000 young people are absent from school because of bullying. Bullying doesn’t just happen in school it happens on social media. I say this because social media works differently because it has a much larger reach allowing the students to globe all together. For example, a child that wants to participate in cyberbullying can alert several friends who can all start in on the same victim, compounding the impact on behavior. Also 47% said they had been targets of cyberbullying, and nearly 59% said they had been exposed to community violence. According to Jaana Juvonen, a professor of development psychology “Bullying is a collective problem and we need to address the social dynamics”

The social dynamics on bullying are that the students that are so called “ popular “ bully others and if a person sees that they might want to bully that person too just to fit in to be popular too.

For example, in school if I see someone getting bullied and I see things getting serious I will feel very uncomfortable and feel unsafe just because of being in that position.

The biggest problem that comes from the culture of bullying is suicide. Teens who were bullied were 2.5 times as likely to attempt suicide. The death of youth between the ages 10 and 24, It results in approximately 4,400 lives lost each year. Victims of bullying are 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than students who are not bullied.

The next president should address this because suicide is putting teens at risk and need to address the bullying problems. 1 in 10 students drop out of school because of repeated bullying. Harassment and bullying have been linked to 75% of school-shooting incidents

( KerryMagro.com). Bullying on an average to a decrease in grades/loss of interest in academic achievement. As the president you should make stricter laws because it can save lives.

Sincerely, Adrianna Amparo.