Destin Georgia

Police Brutality

Police need better training to stop the brutality.

Dear future president:

My essay is about the recent activities of police killing African American people for small or no crimes. There has been plenty of events showing proof of black people being brutally murdered by badly trained cops. I understand that cops are scared because all day everyday they are getting into situations fighting for their lives. I blame the people that hire and train the cops. Cops should have monthly psychological test to prove that they aren’t crazy. If the cops show that they aren’t in the right mental state they should be relieved of their services in till they prove they are ok to serve properly.

Racism in America is something that doesn’t need to be a thing. African Americans are one of only a few very strong reasons why this country is what it is today. Black people helped in major battles in United States history. If it wasn’t for black people who would have picked the cotton to help make money for the new country. Black people helped this world and America in many ways. If it wasn’t for black people food would always get rotted quicker a black man invented the refrigerator something that is in every American household. A lot of things we use in our life are because of black people.

According to Police Brutality in The United States of America”, Americans of all races, ethnicities, ages, classes, and genders have been subject to police brutality. This is something I did not know, I thought they mainly targeted blacks. From what I have seen no real attempt has been made to stop this. Stopping this would be a nice leap into the right direction to making black people feel safe to leave there house again. When I read this I was shocked, I knew the US was not perfect, but this is worse than I could've imagined. The cops are the ones who supposedly keep us safe. Yes police officers should use force of action but only when it is very necessary. They do not think before they use dangerous action. This needs to be stopped.

I’m not saying that no other lives matter but I don’t see on the news of any white people being strangled to death by a cop. Also I don’t see of any black cops brutally abusing black people. I don’t think it’s a cop thing. I believe that racist people that are failing our homeland of the United States of America.

A concerned American