Nicholas J. Missouri

Infrastructure

Our country's infrastructure is in ruins.

Dear POTUS,

I come before the illustrious office of the Presidency to lay a problem that has bedeviled me for some time. Our public infrastructure is in shambles. To reach a probable goal to repair our country would be astounding, about 3.6 Trillion dollars (Infrastructure Report Card). It is derelict and sullied. I observe a veritable collection of refuse that collects on the sidelines of our interstates. The once virtuous monuments are now defaced and disrespected. The American Society of Civil Engineers recently gave America a D+ rating in terms of infrastructure (Andrew Soergel). Our roads are breaking and our cities resemble shantytowns. How can we call ourselves a beacon of light when the light is dull? Since we have a large amount of unemployed citizens in this nation perhaps we can organize an agency that employs these citizens to clean and repair our infrastructure. Iā€™m not asking the impossible but with all do respect if you claim to want to repair our economy then please repair the ground it rests on.

Sincerely a concerned Citizen.

Soergle, Andrew. "Is America's Infrastructure Destined to Crumble?" US News. U.S.News & World Report, 15 Mar. 2016. Web. 29 Sept. 2016.

"2013 Report Card for America's Infrastructure." 2013 Report Card for Americas Infrastructure. Google, 2013. Web. 29 Sept. 2016.