Emily D. West Virginia

Animal Cruelty

This is about the treatment of animals in the USA.

Animal cruelty is something serious in our country. I see too many cats, dogs, etc. dead on the highway-the highway! What kind of people just throw their animals out on to the highway just to die? If they don’t want an animal, they shouldn’t have taken it in or should have had their animal get fixed so they wouldn’t have more animals. Lab experiments, dog fighting, skinning, and just pure cruelty.

Over 115 million animals – mice, rats, dogs, cats, rabbits, monkeys, birds, among others – are killed in laboratory experiments worldwide for chemical, drug, food, and cosmetics testing every year. We should not use these animals for things that will be used for humans because, obviously, if it’s not made for animals then they shouldn’t be tortured with it.

Today dogfighting has been reported in urban, suburban, and rural settings in all regions of the country which is a horrible thing because dogs are the sweetest things ever and we don’t deserve them. As long as you raised them right and treated them with respect, they will love you until you die. Its pure abuse to make a dog mean have fight until death with another dog. Nothing living should be treated like that.

Lastly, more than 50% the fur in the US comes from China, where millions of dogs and cats are often bled to death and skinned alive for their fur. Chinese fur is often mislabeled, so if you wear any fur, there’s no sure way of knowing whose skin you’re in. When people are skinned alive and just left bleeding to die, it’s a crime and you would go to jail or a psychiatric home. Animals should be treated with the same rights as humans. Just take it into consideration about the safety of animals. Let’s not have them be treated like they aren’t living things.