Skylar West Virginia

violence in schools

School violence

There are a numerous amount of issues in The United States, but I feel that one of the biggest issues is violence in America’s schools. An example of the violence in school is the notorious Sandy Hook elementary school shouting. This horrific event was in 2012 when a gunman entered the school and killed twenty-six innocent people. Before this day in 2012 many people use to see schools as a safe place and a places of enlightenment and knowledge. But recently with the constant violence in cities, on streets, and in schools, it changes people persecution and questions their safety in public places such as schools. With this issues elementary school are not the only one with these attracts happening there are also unfortunately many attacks on middle schools, high school, and colleges across the nation. When incidences happen like the Sandy Hook shooting, it shocks the nation and suddenly our safety in public places are put in jeopardy. Between the time this elementary school shooting in 2012 and 2015 there where a staggering one hundred and fourth two shooting in schools. Since 2015 there have also been many more with the most resent being just a few days ago in a South Carolina at an elementary school where a teacher and two young students who are now deceased. And with these tragic events happening it puts people on edge about going out to public places such as movie theaters, restaurants, and schools. From 2013 until now there have been one hundred and nine seven that would be about one school shooting per week since 2013. This issues are very important because it endangers innocent people and children ranging from the age of four to eighteen. In the last year school have change evacuation procedures but there is still not enough being done because these incidences are still happening weekly. It is very important these issues are taken care of because it is all the people in schools not that will eventually be running the future country.