Alexa D. Pennsylvania

Stricter gun control laws would give too much power to the government.

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President,

My name is Alexa, I am 15 years old and I live in Pennsylvania. Lately a very controversial topic has been on the news, gun control.

This topic is very important now because the fate of America is in danger. I would like to start this letter by saying how gun ownership is an American tradition older than our country itself. Gun ownership is protected by the second amendment and adding more gun laws could go against the right to bear arms. The second amendment states that," A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

The right to own firearms is essential to maintaining liberty and our rights of free speech, freedom of religion and other protections we have as a country. I think that you should take into consideration that people feel that stricter gun laws would make it harder for them to protect their families, 61% of men think that and 58% of women. I believe that you should take all of these facts into consideration.

Thank you,

Alexa DeInnocentiis

Conrad Weiser High School

Writers Guild

As members of the Writers Guild, students brainstorm, draft, polish, and publish their own writing, working within the structure of their respective writers groups. Activities are characterized by daily writing, thoughtful response, and a serious commitment to producing and publishing excellent writing. While students explore a writing genre of that is of personal interest, they also expand and refine their talents by writing extensively within specific, assigned modes, composing essays, articles, analyses, and persuasive works. Contest entries and publication of produced works are both traditional and electronic. Every semester, the Writers Guild works extensively on computers to produce an anthology that will be published and sold publicly via print-on-demand technology.