Adam R. Pennsylvania

Moral Decline

When America was young, its people believed that the values installed by the Bible were of upmost importance. Now, we put "political correctness" before all else.

Dear President of 2016,

First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on winning the office, and I pray that you do your best to enforce and uphold the laws of these United States for as long as the office is yours.

With that out of the way, I would like to bring to your attention an issue that my family, friends, and I have had for quite some time. When the first Americans came over from Europe they believed in the value of family, honor, respect, sacrifice, and human life. We have now devolved into a people who: 

• Lie and cheat to gain advantages over others. 
  •  Kneel for the National Anthem, which represents our freedom, and the sacrifices of everyone who has served or will serve to protect that freedom.
  • Tolerate the fact that divorced or separated families are almost as prominent as the all important nuclear family.
  • Kill babies before they are born, denying them a chance.

That is just to name a few.

I am writing this from the perspective of a boy who was raised in a God fearing, Christian family. As such, I draw my moral compass from the Bible, both the Old and New Testaments. However, I know that this is not the case for everyone, and I respect their right to choose their own faith. Because of this, I am not asking that you start another Reformation, but I am asking that you consider bringing more attention to the obvious moral decline in America, specifically regarding some of the issues I listed.

God be with you.

Conrad Weiser High School

Writers Guild

As members of the Writers Guild, students brainstorm, draft, polish, and publish their own writing, working within the structure of their respective writers groups. Activities are characterized by daily writing, thoughtful response, and a serious commitment to producing and publishing excellent writing. While students explore a writing genre of that is of personal interest, they also expand and refine their talents by writing extensively within specific, assigned modes, composing essays, articles, analyses, and persuasive works. Contest entries and publication of produced works are both traditional and electronic. Every semester, the Writers Guild works extensively on computers to produce an anthology that will be published and sold publicly via print-on-demand technology.