morgan q. West Virginia

Why school lunches should be healthier.

School lunches

Dear President, I believe that schools in the United States should have better school lunches. My school in West Virginia gives us half cooked meat and cold lunches that are supposed to be hot. I think that schools should give you more than one option of food choice, like you could either get pizza or Salisbury steak. Most girls want salads or fruits for lunch, while some would like a greasy piece of pizza or maybe even a greasy hamburger.

Some people might be vegetarian but what if that schools having hamburgers that day? What would that child eat? They wouldn’t eat that day because the school is serving meat. So having more than option of food would help out the students that can’t or won’t eat meat. I believe having more than one option would also help with obesity. Having a healthy choice for lunch would help, or even just making sure there is either a fruit or vegetable on the plate could help. Some children won’t eat lunch because they don’t like what’s for lunch, so I think that taking a poll and seeing what people say they like the most and having that for lunch would help those who won’t eat.