chayse s. West Virginia

Greenhouse Gases

This is about fossil fuel issues.

According to the EPA, the U.S. in 2014, had a total greenhouse gas emission of 6.87 million metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalents. After China, the United States ranks second largest contributor to energy-related greenhouse gas emissions. The total amount of U.S greenhouse gasses emitted in 2014, 84% were energy related, and 92% of those emissions were from fossil fuel usage. Petroleum is the largest source of CO2 emissions from energy consumption in the U.S, followed by coal and natural gas. The most used Fossil fuels won't last forever, and their continued usage on a global scale will only cause more harm than good in the future. Even with the fracking in the north eastern  United States we will still use fossil fuels faster then the earth can renew them.

It is my opinion that the U.S has a responsibility to its citizens and the world to aid in the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. It is important that there are more policies implemented to aiding in the improvement of the environment and reduction of pollution. Doing so would be beneficial to the environment and alternative energy sources can be a source of economic improvement. Commonly discussed renewable energy sources include solar power, wind power, geothermal energy, and hydro power. Renewable energy sources along with environmental benefits also improve public health. According to who.int, air pollution increases in heart and respiratory disease. Renewable energy sources can supply a large and inexhaustible supply of energy. Some people think you need fossil fuels for everything you do, such as heating, cooking and driving a car.