Brian West Virginia

School

Talks about school reformation.

Dear president of the U.S.,

Our country needs to have reform in the education system. Our country is ranked fourteenth in education. Every year, over 1.2 million students drop out of high school in the United States alone; 7,000 a day. About 25% of high school freshmen fail to graduate from high school on time. That is a major problem. Some reasons that students are dropping out of high school is that students are failing classes, do not get along with others, not liking the school, or thought it would not be easier to get GED.

We must adjust the school system and fix the education system to have students stay in school and get an education. Some ways to fix these reasons is to first of all find a way that teachers can teach effectively and be able to understand the students. That way if they build a rapport the students will feel less tempted to drop out. It will be challenging to find a way that can relate to their students. Another way to fix the education system to have students become more involved with their school by having club time during school. This will allow students to become more involve because having the clubs after school takes a lot of time out of a student’s life and some do not have time to attend the clubs because they have a job or they have to take care of their family.

The schools also need to have a way to create a positive environment for all the students. Some students do not feel safe in the school or do not get along with others. A way to create a better environment for school is to have a time when the students can socialize with each other. When you sit in school for seven hours a day, five days a week, and then some students need to go to work after school, you need to have some point in the day where the students can socialize and use the time to relax so that they become more productive throughout the day. Also give this time to the teachers to relax too. A happy teacher makes a better teacher and the same rules apply to students.

If you can find a way to implement these three ideas then the students will become more productive and will be less likely to drop out of school. I thank you for reading this essay and wish you the best of luck with your presidency.

Brian D.