Nathan Minnesota

Inflation Of Gas Prices

My letter will emphasize the issue of how gas prices are to high and that we need them to be lowered.

Dear Future President of the United States,

I'm writing this letter to call to attention the issue of over inflation of gas prices. I would like to outline a few reasons as to why this is an issue of concern that should be addressed.

Gas Prices are constantly rising and president Obama’s views on gas prices are that he wants to call for an additional $10 in taxes per barrel of oil. That translates to about roughly 22 cents more per gallon. That would more than double the current federal gasoline tax of 18.4 cents per gallon, and would put our prices back over $2.00.

The cost of gas in June of 2008, the early stages of the heavy summer driving season and during the presidential campaign, was $4.10 per gallon. The 2008 gas crisis hit its peak one month later with prices averaging $4.11 per gallon.

If gas prices keep rising the people who live on a very limited paycheck to paycheck budget will suddenly not be able to afford the cost to fill up their car with gas and won't be able to drive to work and won't have enough money left over for proper housing or may not be able to afford food to feed their family.

Nathan, G (a high school student in Minnesota)