Charlie D. Minnesota

Concealed Carry

WHY GUNS CAN STOP CRIMES.

I am writing to you about an issue in society currently, Gun rights. In the Constitution that our Founding Fathers wrote it says in the bill of rights, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." My topic will highlight on the last half of this. The right to keep weapons. Infringement is by Webster as "to wrongly limit or restrict (something, such as another person's rights)." Currently our guns are exactly that; Guns are being restricted. They are also wrongly limited. To put things into perspective according to justfacts.com 83% of Americans will be a victim of a attempted or completed violent crime. If you were a educated American, which I hope the future president is, and knowing 83 out of 100 of YOUR population in the country you're leading will be in a crime. Disarming the population doesn't seem like the correct decision.

America was built on freedom. Freedom to speak out. Freedom for a fair trial. Rights that aren't denied cause we live in the best country in the world. No country is as free as we are. Currently there are debates about restricting guns. Guns are already restricted and disarming Americans who deserve guns doesn't seem just. These Americans who are being misrepresented, the ones who want to be able to protect their families. Vast of the majority of gun owners are for the sport or self defense. Guns are a right. We deserve to have a gun because this is The United States of America. I hope that our President is able to read the Constitution and interpret that guns are a right and necessity. The second amendment was put in to protect citizens against Britain. The reason people murder is not cause they can. There is a root cause for all murders. No sane man would take another persons life without a root cause. There are many root causes. Bad parenting is a common one. School shootings have been a issue and it has been brought up. Letting kids play a video game or watch a movie they shouldn't is a contributing factor. Lack of social skills. Mental illness. These groups shouldn't represent all gun owners. There are good people in this country. Losing trust will kill us. A gun can't kill someone. People kill people. A loaded gun needs someone to pull the firing pin.

Gun rights can stop crime. The ones who stop crime, the police agree. According to Police One a 2013 survey of 15,000 current and retired police officers found that 91.3% support the concealed carry of guns by civilians. This is great evidence that the people protecting our streets from crime feel this way. Of the police force according to Police One 80 percent feel that legally-armed citizens would likely have reduced the number of casualties in recent mass shooting incidents. These facts are from the front lines. These people fight crime every day. A little more information on Concealed Carry. There are 3 types currently in the US: shall issue may issue and unrestricted. Shall issue means one can obtain a CC (Concealed Carry) if they show a reason for it. May issue means that getting a license is in the hands of law enforcement. There is a way to get a concealed carry in every state. Some are more restrictive than others. There was a attempted mass shooting at a night club in South Carolina. It was stopped by a person with a concealed carry. He shot the shooter 2 times and stopped and potentially saved a shooting the magnitude of the pulse night club shooting. As the president what I hope your course of action is to keep the 2a; and not allow the few killers to represent majority of the proper respectful Concealed Carry permit holders.

Charlie D