Abdulkarim Minnesota

Islamophobia

Islam is misunderstand because of media and politicians in western countries.

My name is Abdulkarim Hussein. I am a student at Central High School. I am writing this letter to you to address you about the issue of Islamophobia. Islamophobia is problem in America because American Muslims are having a hard time practicing their faith in America. After 9/11 a lot of Muslim people are victims of violence, having a hard time of practicing their faith, having mosques vandalized, hearing messages that all Muslims should be kicked out of the country, and being called terrorists.

Islamophobia is ”an exaggerated fear, hatred, and hostility toward Islam and Muslims that is perpetuated by negative discrimination, and the unimportant position within a society or group exclusion of Muslims from social and, political, and civic life,” according to “Islamophobia: Understanding Anti-Muslim Sentiment in the West.” Islamophobia existed before the attack of September 11, 2001, but it increased during past decade. The research shows that since 9/11, just a percentage of the thousands of acts of violence that occur in the United States each year. It all from an efficient system of government and media coverage brings Muslim-American terrorism suspects to national attention (“Islamophobia: Understanding Anti-Muslim Sentiment in the West).

According to Imam Omar Suleiman, in 2015 there were over 300 mass shootings in America, and only two of them committed by ‘Muslims.’ But the media often chooses the two shooting got more views or news are more than 298 other shootings. The media is quick to assume that he or she is terrorist if they see the name is Muslim when an attack happens, and if there’s name of Muhammad. People who watch the news think that all Muslims commit these horrible crimes. But according to the teaching of Muhammad and the Quran, “if anyone killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind; and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind” (Quran Chapter Five, Verse 32 ).

I want you to understand, stand of for right and educate ignorant people. “The Muslim are largest victims to terrorist attacking than non-Muslims,” according to a 2009 report published by the Counter Terrorism Center at the United States Military Academy at West Point. Al-Qaeda kills over seven times more Muslims than non-Muslims, the UN reported, “in 2015 Muslims are the largest victims of ISIS in Iraq. True, ISIS is destroying Muslims more than non Muslims. But the number one victim of this barbaric terror group is Muslims.” ISIS has killed thousands of Muslims across the Middle East, including Sunni And shia Muslims in Iraq for failing to pledge loyalty to them, and even killing an Imam in Iraq for simply not take the command of Isis leader. According to National Review research, “the great majority of the world’s 1.7 billion Muslims wish to live in peace, and many are our allies against the ISIS disease”. However, millions identify with and support the cause of radical. One American Muslim writes at Daily Beast. “We Muslims despise these crazy people more than anyone else does. Denounce ISIS? Muslims despise ISIS.” Muslims are also being slaughtered by ISIS for standing up and publicly opposing the terrorist group’s persecution of Christians according to national security. In 2013 study by Duke University showed that Muslim Americans helped catch more terrorism suspects and perpetrators than the United States government itself. I wish the media would give more coverage to ISIS’ crimes against Muslims. It could also make the case to Americans that this fight is not Islam versus the West. Rather, it’s fight off get rid of Isis and an other groups of terrorist who come in different shape, size, race and color according national review.

When the Paris attack happened, we watched the all day news talk about terrorist groups and how bad Islam is. But when the same terrorist group attacked Al-Masjid an-Nabawi in Madina (Prophet's Muhammad's Mosque ), Baghdad and Dhaka they did not even show it on new we just found what happen in those city on facebook. I believe that the people of Paris, Median, Baghdad and Dhaka are same. I think the only reason why the people of Median, Baghdad and Dhaka did get support from around the world were through Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter because they are Muslims. We have stand together as one nation and fight this disease but there are some politicians who say that we are in war with Islam like Donald Trump said. They are not help us to get rid of terrorist group because they are converting ISIS' message “saying American are war with Islam.” I hope that when you became the president of United State of America you educated people and make them stand together has one and fight and get rid of those nonsense, fundamental group so we all can live in peace and practice what we believe by Choice not by force.

Sincerely’

Abdulkarim