Devyn U. 78666

Full Wallets: Empty Hands

Our next president needs to deal with global poverty issues

Full Wallets; Empty Hands

Poverty, destitution, need. I’ve never suffered the hardship of wondering if my next meal would be provided for me. I see the homeless people on the side of the road, sleeping in the grass, and i turn my head in disgust. I have to wonder if you’re going to do something about that 50 percent of the population who live on $2.50 a day, according to globalissues.org.

I’m white and privileged and could have everything taken away in a heartbeat after an attack or anything else. That itself makes me cringe, but what really hurts is that people already have nothing.

I don’t know who you are yet, but I have to imagine if you think about them too. If you think that poverty is wrong then why are there still people living on almost 3 dollars a day? Sure, you can come back with “I will try this or I’ve given plenty of jobs to thousands of people,” but there are enough people who didn’t receive your hand. So I ask you, what are you going to do to fix this problem, before your term ends? Are you going to see to all the people around the country to help them?