Tamera Blount Michigan

Rape Prevention

" Female college-aged students (18-24) are 20% less likely than non-students of the same age to be a victim of rape or sexual assault".

Ask yourself how many females (ages 12 and older) get rape in every minute in America? And so I went searching to find my answer and I found on a website that in every two minutes a women is getting rape. An if you think about it we are always taught to never talk to a stranger or in elementary you were also taught to keep hand and feet to yourself. 

Well most women do not report their rape case because they are scared or in the back of their mind they are telling their self they are going to be judge for what they did when they really didn’t want it to happen to them, and if you keep thinking about it 82% of women are getting rape in jail or juvenile by another female that they don’t even know the female or that female has some type of aids or disease that the female has caught.

And so I was digging deeper into my thoughts and  how else can females get rape and one thing that came to mind was some women get rap at colleges party when they don't even know the victim or remember what happened that night, so 42% of women that has been rape expect to suppose to be rape again, and some females that are being rape more than one time sometimes think about committing suicide on themselves because they can’t take being rape over and over.

An 32,000 women become pregnant each year because they were rape by a family member or somebody else, an people are always saying "well she must of wanted" or "she deserve it" well I feel like don't nobody want that to happen to there daughter that is not a good feeling, but I also say people have a right to voice their opinion. 

Sincerely, Tamera Blount   

Carman-Ainsworth High School

Carman-Ainsworth High School

This group consist of students in the course of English 12 for Ms. Mathews. We will be posting on issues of social injustice and making a change for the better.