Emily W. Virginia

Mandatory Vaccinations

Vaccines should be mandatory for everyone, because I want to make sure everyone is safe and healthy.

As the president, one issue you will have to address is the discussion over mandatory vaccinations. In my opinion, vaccines should be mandatory for everyone, because I want to make sure everyone is safe and healthy. Without vaccines, many diseases will spread and I don’t want the people I love to be subject to these outbreaks. Regardless of what some say, these vaccinations have no negative effects whatsoever. We need everyone to be healthy, and mandatory vaccinations are a great way to start.

If people get to choose whether they get vaccines or not, diseases will spread like wildfire. Imagine your loved ones, or even yourself subject to these outbreaks. They could get very sick or even end up dead. It would be a horrific world to live in. I want my friends, my family, myself, and everyone else to be safe and healthy.

Some people are against mandatory vaccinations because they believe they have negative effects on people, but as said on vaccines.gov, "Immunizations can save your child's life. Because of advances in medical science, your child can be protected against more diseases than ever before." More treatments for life threatening diseases are being researched and found each day. One example of this from Raw Story is, "A new study, which was published in Bioinformatics, revealed that an international team of researchers has designed two universal vaccines which potentially could protect against future global pandemics and save millions of lives." The only people the vaccinations would be bad for are the ones with allergies to certain things in them, and who we could create separate methods for. All these vaccines would do is save lives. After all, without certain vaccinations, many people alive would not be with us today.

I believe that you, as the new president of the United States of America, should make it mandatory for everyone to get vaccines, unless for a certain medical or religious reason. This doesn't mean that everyone should be required to take every vaccine ever created. People would only take certain ones that have been decided by doctors and the government to be the most important and vital.  A few ways to help make sure everyone gets their vaccinations could include having doctors come to schools to give vaccines to the staff and the students, or having a fun event that would have vaccinations there. Who wouldn’t want to be healthy, happy, and disease-free?  It seems to me that mandatory vaccinations are the way to make this happen.

Emily W.