Austin D. California

Vaccines

There should be no exemptions to vaccines. If there were no exemptions many deaths could be prevented.

Dear Future President, I propose that you should make no exemptions to vaccines. Millions of kids and people die everyday when it could be prevented through vaccines. Many studies have showed that vaccines are safe and not harmful,and have saved millions of lives, but still people insist that they are. You must go forward as the president and tell the people. I say that you should go forward yourself and tell the people, because people will feel more safe and would actually believe it hearing it from the actual president himself.

Every year kids are saved from diseases through vaccines. Yet for some reason, parents still don’t trust them. According to Shot@Life, which is a group which teaches people about vaccines and their amazing uses, vaccines save over 2 million children from diseases every year. This should be enough evidence to show parents that vaccines save people not harm them or disable them. Which brings me into my next point of why parents would even think that vaccines could harm someone.

Some people think that vaccines will cause harm to people because there are toxins such as mercury or aluminum. Even though these materials are used in vaccines they are used in small, small amounts. Some parents are scared that mercury will build up in our body as ethylmercury, but researchers have found that ethylmercury doesn’t actually build up in our body. Even though aluminum is harmful for the body vaccines have tiny tiny amounts, less than the amount in breast milk, and they overall just make the vaccine more effective. So you shouldn’t worry about having these toxins, because they prove to be of no harm to us.

Overall this is why we should have no exemptions to vaccines. In close to no way are they dangerous, they can save our lives, and it’ll lead to a better country for us overall. People don’t realize that vaccines are literal life-savers. They might even think they don’t need it. But think about this. You don’t wear a seatbelt expecting an accident, you wear it in the unlikely chance that there will be an accident. I feel like this is how we should think about vaccines. We get a vaccine in the unlikely chance that we’ll get a disease, not because we’re expecting one.

Austin Doan

"Vaccines ProCon.org." ProConorg Headlines. N.p., 19 Sept. 2016. Web. 07 Oct. 2016.

"Parents' Guide to Childhood Immunizations." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 20 Sept. 2016. Web. 07 Oct. 2016.

Bernal Intermediate

The Lester Lovers

Mrs. Fresh's amazingly small and awesome class of 2016-2017. We are 8th graders who have lots of love for learning, laughing, and Lester (Holt - our favorite debate moderator).