Chase B. Virginia

Marijuana Laws

Marijuana should be legal.

To whom it concerns,

Our country is currently encountering some of the greatest and most revolutionary changes it’s seen in centuries. Same sex marriage is progressively becoming a social normality, to be shot or stabbed on the streets occurs to no one as a surprise. Guns are slowly becoming a restriction, and possession of marijuana; something that grows in the ground, is illegal. Now, I am no “pot head,” although I do support the use of marijuana for medical purposes. In fact, I know many people who have, and who still use marijuana, and they’re successful, well-paid individuals.

Many people suffer from physical health problems. For instance, arthritis; with the use of marijuana, the pain endured from arthritis can be relieved. Marijuana has many health benefits; some of which even recording that certain regular marijuana patients experienced an increased IQ. This is definitely something to mention, being that a regular stereotype about marijuana users is that they’re not motivated, lazy, and unemployed. Many hardworking businessmen, including the wealthiest man in the world (Bill Gates) have used marijuana before.

The fact that our government invests hundreds of millions of dollars a year to enforce marijuana laws is sad. Marijuana has too many health benefits for me to even list. I personally feel as if our deficit wouldn’t be as steep as it currently if we didn’t waste so much of our annual revenue on preventing something as harmless as weed. Though it should be legal, it should be prescribed medically. It takes time to produce, being that you have to grow it and you can’t manufacture it inside of a factory.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              -(Owen) Chase Bywaters