ying ying New York

health care

People in the Untied States who don't have health care are suffering from the fee of the medical bills. The american president has the power to control how those people live. We don't want anyone else suffering from this problem in the United States.

Dear soon to be president,

There are many problems in the united states, there are so many problem that the United States won’t be united anymore. You should start fixing the United States by starting with one of the problems like healthcare, maybe you don’t know about this but thousands people die each year because of sickness. Those people weren’t able to afford healthcare. Over 47 million people are getting sick and they can’t afford healthcare, 9 million of them are children. By the time you read this some of them probably already died. If the united states don’t have affordable health care many people are going to be bankrupted. Affordable health care can stop people from being bankrupted and staying sick. They can live peacefully without thinking about paying for the medical bills. 16.4 million people gained health care because of the affordable healthcare act started, if we get rid of the affordable healthcare act, the 16.4 million people who got health care will have to start again without health care.

It would be nice if you can find a way to spend less money on health care and still be able give everyone in America health care. Research says that health care’s cost will rise about 5.8% each year until 2024. The United states is expected to spend 4.8 trillion dollars on healthcare. Even though a lot of money is spent on health care, people still don’t have health care and because of that many people go bankrupt to pay for their medical bills.

Mr./Mrs. President you should try to break down and fix it unless you want families to be on the street just because they didn’t have any health care to reduce the cost of the medical bills. I sure you don’t want people not being able to pay for medical bills and then end up not going to get medical attention and then dying because they didn’t get to go to the doctor. Can you please fix this problem before more people get sick?

From,

a student in the lab school

NYC Lab Middle School

NYC Lab Middle School

Lab students have been painfully subjected to three debates where they searched for policy talk. Four and a half hours later.. Now, our students will have the chance to speak about an issue of importance and possibly make a recommendation for improvement.