Wyatt Alaska

Anti Patriotism

This Country is becoming less and less patriotic as time goes by. More people disrespecting America and the Veterans. It needs to stop.

You may be aware of all the anti-patriotism going on in the United States. So many people are extremely ungreatful to our troops that fought for us to have our freedom. Troops go and fight for a total of about four years, and some die while in war or a battle. Some troops may return, but will have many disabilities or become homeless and no one does anything about this or helps.

There are a lot of examples of anti-patriotism, like when the football player Colin Kaepernick refused to stand during the National Anthem. Many people are like this guy when it comes to showing patriotism, people burning the American flag, being disrespectful, and many other things. If people don’t like America, then get out, because being an anti-patriotist isn’t going to help.

The Star-Spangled Banner survived the rocket’s red glare and bombs bursting in air, only to face a modern-day threat, silly town ordinances and petty bureaucrats.

I’m not sure if it’s an epidemic of anti-American nincompoopery sweeping across the fruited plain or if it’s a general lack of common sense.

I really don’t understand why people show so much disrespect, people don’t seem to like America, they disrespect it, but yet they come to live here. Why is this? I greatly love the Country I live in, wouldn’t ever do things like that. When some people disrespect the flag or veterans or Law Enforcement, it influences more and more people to do it, which makes this country less patriotic and the people in it. What I want is to see if you can be extremely patriotic and persuade others to be more patriotic and respectful.

Sincerely, Wyatt