Hannah Alaska

Abortion is affecting millions of young woman and girls, but listening to society, isn't always the best option.

I am a teenager of Dillingham Alaska and I want to state the subject of abortion. Abortion has brought up many conflicts in the United States since 1973. I am going to be speaking of the ways it will affect our young woman and our country.

Abortion is unlike any other issue debated today. The "classic" arguments like, ”No one knows when life begins" and "It's a blob of tissue" is pulling women into believing it's an acceptable option or an “easy way out” of unwanted pregnancy. If the science on when life begins is clear, then why do some organizations say that pregnancy doesn't begin until a week later, at implantation? The answer is profit. Organizations like planned parenthood make abortion look like a comfortable, easy, and affordable option. But Little do young woman and girls know the depression and guilt that comes afterward.

Abortion is murder. The comparison between a baby's rights and a mother's rights is unequal. If a woman has conceived, she needs to humbly accept the fact that she is going to be a mother. I think if abortion continues to be legal, our country is going to rise up the future generation of women not understanding what being a mother means. Girls are going to grow up learning and being taught that you can choose to be a mother or just get rid of the child if you choose so. We as a generation are not going to know the significance it means to have bring a soul into this world.

I encourage you to consider what I have to state about abortion and the effects it would have not individually to a woman but to our nation. Thank you and good luck leading our country

Hannah Berkoski