Amnity M. New Mexico

Gay Marriage

Gay Marriage is legal.

I am a student in high school, and the topic that concerns me is gay marriage.  They legalized Gay Marriage on June 26, 2015, and I was so happy when they did, but it caused some problems. There are some people who don't like gay marriage, and protesting started to happen when people heard about gay marriage. Before same-sex marriage was not legalized it caused a lot of problems.  But it caused more problems at schools with kids getting bullied and harassed. It made me mad when I saw some of my friends getting bullied and harassed, but that never stopped those kids from moving on in there lives. I am fine with people having same-sex marriage.

When gay marriage became legalized, there became some pros and cons to the idea. One of the pros about gay marriage is that the US Constitution's commitments to liberty and equality.  Some say that a child with two homosexual parents will be more sexually active at a younger age than the average person. "Marriage is an outmoded, oppressive institution that should be weakened, not expanded." When you deny some people the option to marry this is discriminatory and creates a second class of citizens. Same-sex marriage should have the same benefits that is enjoyed by heterosexual married couple.  

Thank you for being our president. I bet you will do something good for our economy, and I hope you hear me out. I hope you find a way to make this right around the world, but I do know that other people have different thoughts about this topic. 

- Amnity M.