Tyler Q. New Mexico

Why I think abortion should be illegal.

My name is Tyler, and I am a sophomore in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The topic I want to discuss with you today is why I think abortion should be illegal in the U.S. I feel very strongly about this topic and don’t feel it is right to take away an innocent life. My stepmother had a miscarriage when I was 10 years old, and it had a big impact on my family and I. The fact that someone can do that to their kid is very upsetting, especially when there are so many other options, such as adoption. I don’t think it’s okay for anyone to be able to make this decision.

Over 56 million induced abortion procedures happen each year. That is 56 million lives that are put to waste by irresponsible parents who can’t take responsibility for their actions. 51% of abortions are performed on women less than 25 years of age; this means we need to instill safe sex in our children and offer different options to them to make sure they don’t have an unplanned pregnancy and end up getting an abortion. There are two circumstances that it may be okay to have an abortion, and that’s if the female was raped. If this happens I don’t think the girl should have to give birth to the baby; she couldn’t have done anything to prevent it and it’s not her fault. The second reason is if giving birth to the baby could potentially kill the mother. In this case, I think its okay to consider abortion if it can save the mothers life and it’s the last option.

Thank you for your service. I know being president is a hard task to take on, and I respect you for that. I hope you take my thoughts into consideration when creating new laws on abortion. I think many people would appreciate your decision of making abortion in the U.S. illegal. I don’t think anyone has the right to take away a life other than god. I know you’re really busy; thank you for taking the time to listen to me. I know you will make the right decision and help the citizens of America.

Tyler Q.