Natalia H. New Mexico

Same Sex Marriage and Adoption

I think all couples should have equal rights, between man and woman or same sex couples to have the ability to marry each other.

My name is Natalia, and I'm a high school student in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This topic is very important to me because I believe all couples, either between straight or gay couples should all have equal rights. If a straight couple can adopt a child, a gay couple should have the same right to do so. If you take this away from one gay couple, then you're basically taking that right way from every gay couple out there. I also think that a child should have parents wether it's between man or woman, or same sexed couples. For a child, parents are important and they need a mother/father figure in their lives and they need the loving and caring from an individual, and it doesn't matter if its from a straight or gay couple. I think it'd be the right thing to do if you allow every couple to adopt and give them all the same right as others. At least that is what I think is fair, for every couple, gay or straight to have equal rights.

In questions that you've answered for some reason you either agree that gay couples should be allowed to adopt, or either you disagree. The approvals of gay marriage has gone up, being from 27% in 1996, to becoming 60% of approval in 2015. Also people agree on the fact that same-sex couples should be able to enjoy the benefits that different-sex couples have. Also same-sex marriage is protected by the US Constitution's commitments to liberty and equally. Gay marriages can bring financial gain to federal, state, and local government, and can help boost the economy. On May 17, 2004 the first legal gay marriage happened. It also seems to say that same-sex marriage relates into a lower chance to get a divorce as when different-sex marriage results in a percentage to get a divorce sooner.

Thank you for considering this topic and for your service.

Sincerely, Natalia H.