ANTHONY Colorado

Raise the Minimum Wage

Please raise the minimum wage. You'll be helping out so many people around America.

Dear Mr. or Mrs. President,

Now I understand that this probably won’t get to you but I think that we should heighten the minimum wage. Many people work very hard to earn money which is obvious but I think they should earn more money for the hard work they do. Some of the lowest paying jobs are the jobs where you have to do the most work. Think about it, someone who sits in a office chair all day writing on paper gets payed almost twice as much as someone who is doing back breaking work on a construction site for about 3 more hours a day. Everyone should be getting enough money to provide them with a house, food, money to pay for their other bills, and some money leftover to do some other things such as hobbies, entertainment, and going out to do something fun. I think the minimum wage should be raised from $7.25 an hour to at least $12 an hour. The minimum wage is as I said $7.25 an hour which adds up to only make $13,920 a year. It is said that you need at least $10.79 to make a steady living. We are giving people $3 less an hour than what they need to make a steady living just providing for themselves. And you probably know that $3 an hour less can make a big difference even though it’s only $3 less. So please raise the minimum wage to $12 an hour you’d be helping out so many people and families in America. Thank you for your time.

Anthony