Farheen A. Illinois

Raise Minimum Wage

The U.S. minimum wage is currently set at $7.25. Employees working at minimum wage are not able to support their families and are in poverty.

Dear Mr. Trump,

Congratulations on your victory! As our new president, I feel it is your duty to aid the controversial issue of minimum wage. Raising the minimum wage allows for employees to fully support their hungry families. Workers with a profit of minimum wage receive about $15,000 a year, barely enough to support one person with a child. I believe something must be done in order to change this for the better of America.

Raising the minimum wage will destroy the huge income gap between Americans and create multiple new jobs. This brings many Americans out of poverty and helps them pass the federal poverty lines. Families struggle because they are below the federal poverty lines. If the wage is raised, an estimated 900,000 Americans will come out of poverty. Americans coming out of poverty might improve America's economy.

All in all, raising the minimum wage for Americans will greatly improve life in the U.S. It has many benefits to citizens and the economy. This topic means a lot to me because of the many families out there struggling to pay rent or for food. Raising minimum wage means less suffering for Americans.

Farheen A.