Sam C. Michigan

Murdering your child should not be a choice

Born or unborn, we are all still humans.

At eight weeks a fetus is able to feel physical and psychological pain. An abortion is allowed to be performed up until the fetus is 24 weeks old. So what makes it okay to kill a baby that can feel the pain being caused?

Many abortions are performed because the mothers pregnancy is unplanned, but that is the consequence women have to live with when they become sexually active. When a young woman is given the news that she is pregnant, abortion is often an option that comes up because the mother mostly likely is unable to care for the child emotionally and financially. But there are other options a woman can look into, such as adoption. Abortion should not be a choice or an option. A woman should not be able to decide if an unborn baby lives or not. 

Adoption should be the only option. 

According to Planned Parenthood's most recent report, they performed 149 abortions for everyone one adoption. That means that 149 babies were never given the chance to be anything, they were never even given a choice. Every person has a plan set for them, it is not their mothers place to take that away from them. 

When contemplating abortions many mothers decide against it for various reasons. The main reason being that they don't want to go through the entire pregnancy and put their body through the 9 months of financial and physical distress. Additionally, the mother doesn't want their child to end up with parents who mistreat or neglect them. So they believe killing their innocent child is the better option? However as stated on Americanadoptions.com, when choosing adoption, the mother is in control of the adoption process and gets to choose the adoptive family who will raise their child and may also be eligible to receive living expenses to help with their pregnancy.

By eliminating the choice of abortion for all mothers, we are giving all children the opportunity to live a life full of joy and love whether they are kept by their birth mother or adopted by a caring family who may be not as fortunate to have a child of their own.

I was given the right to live and so should an unborn baby. 

Allen Park High School

APHS Advanced Placement Language and Composition

Allen Park High School is located in Southeastern Michigan. AP Lang studies rhetoric. Additionally, students produce text to narrate, persuade, and inform.