Cooper S. Minnesota

Healthcare for the middle class

this is a letter explaining the issues of healthcare

Dear Mr/Mrs President,

Why are hard working americans paying more and more for health insurance. Some healthy people individually are paying up to $900 dollars (Huffington Post). Due to changes in the price for health care for lower income families there has been an overlook for the price of healthcare for the middle class. When people are unable to get healthcare from their employers or it is simply too expensive they are stuck paying high rates for low quality insurance.

“Within just 10 years there has been over a 25% increase in coverage for the middle class” (CBS moneywatch). Under no circumstances should they be charging 25% and in some cases up to double the price for the same coverage.

Not only are people paying significantly more but they are also getting lower quality insurance. Some people who have been paying an increasing amount for an insurance plan are now finding out they can no longer go to the same doctor and if they decide to go to a doctors offices that is supposedly insured they can still get charged in out of pocket expenses.

Healthcare is very important and needs large changes to be done to make it sufficient and work well for the people. My wish is not to have free universal healthcare but just to improve on what we already have and insure that every American will be able to comfortably afford high quality healthcare.

Thank you,

Cooper Sachs