Myrka Minnesota

Apology and Pathway

Sincere Letter

Dear Mr. Trump,

I would like to start this letter by sincerely apologizing. I would like to apologize for being a “rapist”, “murderer”, “drug dealer”, and for not being “the best”. I would like to apologize on behalf of my mother who works 19 hours a day in two separate jobs, employed by a man who pays the Caucasian men who sit around watching her do the work 2 dollars more than they pay her. I’d like to apologize on behalf of my father who is studying culinary arts and has lifted 3 restaurants that were not his from nothing, to then be kicked out of his work place without having been paid fairly for his services and threatened that if he said anything….la migra (ICE) would come for him. I would like to apologize on behalf of my sister who recently learned what the term “illegal alien” meant when she came to my mother asking why a man had driven by her bus stop and told her she was a “filthy illegal alien" and "You should go back to where you came from! Nobody wants you here!” I’m sorry. We have completely taken advantage of your country.

America is the home of the brave and the land of the free. Unless you’re an Undocumented Immigrant––then, you can’t be free, and if you’re brave enough to speak out, you’ll be sent back.

This is not the way to go! Mr. Trump, I urge you to keep in mind the humanity of us all. The people who come into this country in an illegal matter come here because they need to feed their families back at home, because they are fleeing from a drug war, because they’re dreams can only come true in America, because here they can be free. Sending all of these people back is not a solution. A reasonable Immigration Reform is. A pathway to citizenship. These people spend years working their souls out in American ground to benefit their fellow Americans, they too are American. We must recognize them, and offer them the pathway they need.

Myrka Z.