Stella D. Texas

Stop Illegal Immigration

Persuasive letter with reasons to stop illegal immigration.

Dear Mr./Madam President,

Mr./Mrs President the first thing that you should address is signing a bill to stop illegal immigration, because if we don’t stop this then people will sneak in by boat and it will cost a lot of money for prisons to hold the illegal immigrants sneaking in until their court date. Also the California legislature authorize in-state tuition for illegal immigrants then they would have to give the same break to other students in other states. If you keep letting this happen then our economy will become very weak.

Illegal immigrants come to the United States and get nabbed at the border or they come by a sailboat and say that they are just here for the day. They also make attempts to conceal their true identities. The U.S. Border Patrol arrest people from 120-130 countries every year. So it costs prisons more money because of the illegal immigrants trying to sneak in. Also homeland officials say that the increased arrests also mean an increase in the number of illegal immigrants that are sneaking by them.

Some people say that it is good for our country to have illegal immigrants because they would insure that our economy would be able to continue to grow. Also the comprehensive immigration reform will level the playing field so that American workers wouldn’t be taken advantage of, by undocumented workers, who are being exploited by employers. But if you allow illegal immigrants then the prisons would have to spend a lot of money to have the illegal immigrants stay in the prison and take up space just so they can have their court date.

The California state Legislature wants to authorize in-state tuition for illegal immigrants. The courts have said that they can give illegal immigrants in-state tuition but then they would have to give the same break to other students from other states. So I think that you should stop illegal immigration so that you wouldn’t have to give in-state tuition to other students from other states. This is an economic problem and it would hurt our economy badly if we don’t stop this issue now. If we keep letting this happen then our weak economy will affect our social game and then maybe people would want to stop trading with us and they might not help us if we get into a war.

Congratulations on winning President of the United States. I hope that the first issue you choose to address is stopping illegal immigration because it costs a lot of money for prisons and people are sneaking in by boat. So hopefully you choose to stop illegal immigration as your first issue.

@dailysignal. "Fight Against Subsidies for Illegal Immigrants Heads to Court." The Daily Signal. 24 Oct. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Bugda, Andy MehalshickJayne Ann. "Impact of Illegal Immigration on Prisons." PAHOMEPAGE. 26 Oct. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

By Passing Immigration Reform, Our Government Would Stimulate New Income, That Would Continue to Grow Our Economy. The Chief Actuary of the Social Security Administration Reports That Undocumented Workers Contributed Nearly $300 Billion to the Social Security Trust Fund. "LETTER: Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants Would Be Good for America." LETTER: Path to Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants Would Be Good for America. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Dinan, Stephen. "Border Security Slips as Illegal Immigration Rises Significantly over past Year." Washington Times. The Washington Times. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.

Http://www.facebook.com/. "Behind the Scenes with Border Patrol Catching Illegal Immigrants." WXYZ. 27 Oct. 2016. Web. 04 Nov. 2016.