Beth Minnesota

YouTubers

These unique and funny people deserve recognition. They provide learning possibilities and are such good people.

First off, congratulations! You worked hard to get where you are now.

But now that my congratulations are out of the way, I think it's time to get a little more serious (But just a little). 

The topic I'm about to bring up will probably seem insignificant to you, but… it's important to me, and as an American citizen, I think that should matter to you as well. Even if it’s not much. My topic is this; Youtubers. Perhaps you've heard of them, perhaps not. Youtubers are people who upload videos onto YouTube for the entertainment of others. Now, there may be a few who are just in it for possible fame or fortune, but there are some really great ones out there to. I know this sounds ridiculous, but hear me out. I've been a fan of many such YouTubers for years now. I've contributed to the communities that these people create, and allow me to tell you about all the ways that they've changed and even saved lives. Let's start with some examples.

1: Markiplier

This loveable and goofy guy lives in LA, and is known for sporting a pink mustache. With his changing hair colors (he's dyed it a different color 3 times. First pink, then blue, and now red) his thin rimmed glasses, and his deep voice and laugh, he's a sweetheart. Markiplier’s channel is dedicated mostly to a style of video called “Let's Plays”. In these, Mark records himself playing a video game and reacts, and commentates on what he's playing. He occasionally does vlogs, too. These are videos where Mark simply talks to the audience and discusses important matters (Subscriber updates, holidays, challenges,etc.). He's done in the past, (and plans to start again very, very soon) charity livestreams. This is where he records and uploads simultaneously, meaning people watching will be watching him live. Well, the people who watch him can donate money to the charity he's doing a livestream for, and that raises money for a good cause.

2: Jacksepticeye

With boundless energy, vivid green hair, and a loud personality, this happy Irishman is known for being one of the loudest Youtubers. His strong Irish accent makes everyone want to listen to him, and he's very sweet as well. He does let's plays and vlogs, just like Mark (in fact Jack and Mark are very good friends). He's my favorite YouTuber by far. He doesn't do charity livestreams as frequently as Mark, but if I can recall correctly, he has done a few, including ones WITH Mark. But I know he donates to other YouTuber livestream charities. And just charities in general. 

3: Game Grumps

The final example I'm going to give is the Game Grumps. Another group of lets players/vloggers, there are many ‘Grumps’, including Arin, Danny, Suzy, Barry, Ross, Brian, and many others. These guys are incredible. They really feel like a whole entire family, and a safe place to call home. Danny has an incredible singing voice, and he's in a band with Brian. They really make their viewers feel loved. 

I think that's enough examples… Let me explain a little into why you should care about these people. I know, I know. Jack isn't even an American citizen! But… they're life savers, future president. Mark has 15,154,506 subscribers. Jack has 12,935,300. The Grumps have 3,586,908. That's a lot of people. And I've heard so many people, not just from these three channels, say that a YouTuber has helped them through tough times, through grief, through bad days, through bullying, relationship issues, family issues, depression, illness, injury.. And even suicide. Countless people said that they would not be alive today had it not been for these wonderful, funny, and talented people bringing a smile to their face. So, all I'm asking is that they get a little appreciation. It doesn't even have to be money, just something to thank them for all they've done. Most of these people’s jobs are to get up and make videos every. Single. Day. Just so that their fans can be happy.

And hey, I don't know… Maybe you could learn from them. If they make people so happy, then maybe you can, too. They could show you how to make people happy.

I know what they're doing seems small. But, please. Consider it. Look into it.

Beth Garvey