Darian T. New York

Animal Cruelty

Dear Future President...

Future President

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW,
Washington, DC 20500

You are someone that can make vital changes to our nation as a whole. Animal cruelty is one of the biggest problems in our country. Millions of dogs, cats, and other unwanted animals are thrown into shelters year after year; a smaller number of these shelters being no-kill shelters as time goes on. Slaughterhouse practices and the number of animals used as dispensable objects for cosmetic testing is unsettling. From the beginning of time, humans have defined their superiority above animals by domesticating, consuming, abusing and even now continuing to use them for unnecessary cosmetic testing.

I have been a vegetarian for almost five years to show support and bring attention to these pressing issues in our society. Fifty-six billion innocent farm animals are slaughtered every year (3,000 every second) not including “unconventional animals,” like dogs, cats, and horses, which in fact are murdered intentionally each year. Money and greed fund the meat industry and allow it to continue even with the malice it holds. Corporate businesses profit off of feeding consumers and lie about the nutrition, living conditions, and ethical practices concerning these animals. Most consumers are being blindly fed misinformation which they base their moral and nutritional decisions on. One-hundred million animals per year unwillingly sacrifice their lives for cosmetic testing. If even half the people in the United States stopped supporting these companies and turned to alternatives, this would not be a controversial issue, but an animal cruelty free world.

As the President you have enormous influence over the American public. Please put your influence to good use and make changes in our world that will outlive your presidency and will continue to shape our world into a place that all Americans want to call home.

Thank you,

Darian

Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake High School

BH-BL Honors 10 2016

Who are the best writers from the class of 2016? You know who.