Mackenzie H. Minnesota

Dear Mr. President

Immigration

Dear Mr. Donald Trump,

The problems of our immigration system has exceeded its limit. The

United States has become too lenient when it comes to allowing immigrants come into our country, and letting them stay without actual citizenship or respect for the country. Immigrants must go through several checkpoints to ensure Americans keep safe from some of the terrorists that are being allowed into out country. Islamic terrorists have become a major issue in the United States and we need to make sure we protect American citizens before those of another country. Before we can fix the problems in other nations, we must fix our own, including the overpopulation of illegal immigrants. If an immigrant has no respect for the country of the United States, they should not be given their green card or complete citizenship. Although not every group of Islamic, Mexican, or Somalian immigrants pose a danger on the American people, we must take precautions against any person trying to become an American citizen before we allow them into our country. The Syrian refugees have become one of the new talks of immigration. I believe we should grant them safety, especially women and children, but not every person from Syria can be trusted as one of our own. We must put our foot down and only allow immigrants who are going to help develop our country, keep it safe, and have a drive to keep the American society successful. We must step up in order to protect Americans before other nations. Americans and legal immigrants deserve the same opportunities, yet those who have no citizenship or may be a risk to the country do not deserve to steal hardworking American’s jobs and their optimism of feeling safe.

Please consider the importance of your own people at home before you look to improving other countries and their inhabitants.