Jeremy R. Minnesota

Nuclear weapons

The next President should be aware of the possibility of nuclear weapons.

Dear next President,

As the next President, you should be aware of the possibility of nuclear weapons “hair trigger” alert from any country which could be devastating to the entire world. The US once used nuclear weapons, and it devastating effects. This should never happen again because it could be destructive for the entire world.

We know that there are 16,000 nuclear weapons on this planet. There are 1800 US and Russian nuclear weapons that are on trigger alert. All it would take is one emotional moment. This moment would change the face of the world.

In Hiroshima, Japan during World War II, an atomic bomb was dropped and it wiped out 90% of the city. 80,000 people died and more died later due to radiation, no one was allowed back because of high levels of radiation. Currently, our nuclear weapons are much more powerful and could do much more damage. We must prevent “hair trigger” (Easily activate or set off) nuclear weapons capability at all levels of governments in the world.

These are very concerning statistics and I worry about the nuclear weapons around the world and that my friends and family are safe. and that it doesn't come to nuclear war between any countries.

My plan would be for global education for all around the world. We need to get nuclear weapons out of the hands of threatening countries and keep them under US supervision so the world is safe from all threats of nuclear war. We must promote peace for our planet.

In conclusion, we need to eliminate all hair trigger nuclear weapon sites. We must dispose of these weapons responsibly or keep them under US supervision in a safe and secure location.

Jeremy R. , 10th grade

Mendota Heights, MN

Henry Sibley High School

Imm

Ms. Imm's American Lit classes