Alan New York

Clean Hero vs Dirty Villain

Pollution has a negative impact on people's health. We can reduce air pollution by using renewable energy sources.

We have a lot of problems on this earth but I want to talk to you about one specific one. Pollution is a large problem in the United States. Almost half of the U.S. population lives in areas where air pollution levels are often dangerously high for them to breathe, according to a report released Wednesday by the American Lung Association. Air pollution is a big problem for all people because of the effects that pollution can have. Some of the effects are trouble breathing, lung cancer,heart attacks, and asthma. This is a really big impact because if you get sick you will need to get a medical treatment will causes you to pay more money.

There are many things that cause pollution. For example factories ,cars , planes, smoking, and etc. You can use clean energy such as solar power, wind power, and hydroelectric energy. This can cause little to no global warming and can improve the environment by no pollution. Clean energy is usually stable in prices so the prices won’t go up or down. This energy has a better quality than say fossil fuels and it can almost never run out. You can also use renewable energy. Some renewable energy are like biofuel,wind energy ,water energy , solar energy, and geothermal energy. This can help people because it creates no pollution and nobody can get sick by these types of energy.

From, Alan Zheng

NYC Lab Middle School

NYC Lab Middle School

Lab students have been painfully subjected to three debates where they searched for policy talk. Four and a half hours later.. Now, our students will have the chance to speak about an issue of importance and possibly make a recommendation for improvement.