Kiana J New Mexico

LGBT SUICIDE AWARENESS

LGBTQ+ people are still normal people. Before we know it our society will be fully corrupt if we don't figure out ways to fix this problem.

My name is Kiana Julian, I'm from Albuquerque, New Mexico, and a sophomore in high school. I'm highly passionate about LGBTQA+ rights because I believe in equality. I wanted to right this letter to explain to you that these particular rights are affecting our community more than you think. We as average people can only do so much, and just create emotional support. People are dying, people are developing mental and emotional issues, because they don't have a big enough voice to be heard.

LGBTQ+ rights are becoming a problem. People are going as far as committing suicide, because they feel unaccepted and have barely any support, if any. According to The Trevor Project, suicide is the third leading cause of death among 13-24 year olds. The rate of Suicide attempts is also 4 times greater for LGBT youth. The reason for this is because of unfair treatment, (also known as bullying), that leads to emotional, behavioral, and social problems, as well as an increased risk for suicidal ideation. People are killing themselves, because they feel trapped in a bottle, suffocated. We need your help to create more awareness, because our world is becoming corrupt, it's not just these particular rights, but others as well.

Congratulations on becoming president.  Hopefully with your help our society will stop becoming more corrupt and we'll develop equality for all. Not just the LGBTQA+ community, but others as well. I hope you take this problem into consideration and fund for more safe places, for just that extra bit of support that can save lives, one by one, hopefully someday, we'll become united. 

Sincerely,  Kiana Julian