Alex P. New Mexico

Legalizing Marijuana

I believe that marijuana is a very important topic because it has many medical purposes. It can be used for people who have seizures, or anxiety, depression, and much more.

I am a sophomore in high school. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico I wanted to address the legalization of Medical Marijuana. I believe that it should be legal for all it's  medical purposes. For example it can be used to help cure symptoms of cancer, arthritis, epilepsy, and much more. Although smoking in any case isn't good for you there is more then one way to get a dose of medicine then smoking it. They have oils to rub on your body or you can even eat a brownie that they make, but if the patient really wants they do have the opportunity to smoke Marijuana.

There are so many medical benefits if marijuana is legalized. For example medical marijuana could help the treatment for cancer, epilepsy and Alzheimer's. With the legalization of marijuana there would be no need for most prescriptions today. There is no way to overdose on medical marijuana. On the other hand you can overdose on probably every prescription they have out there. Medical marijuana would solve many many health issues and we can use the plant for shelter or as Henry Ford did he built a car out of hemp.

Thank you future president for taking time out of your day to read my letter on why Marijuana should be legalized.