Hailey L. New Mexico

I think that we should be concerned with guns and figure out this gun control problem.

My name is Hailey, and I am a high school student who has some concerns about gun control.  I think that there should be something done about gun control.  It's also my concern that if there is nothing done about this issue then its just going to get worse and out of control, and if that happens then there is no way to stop it.  In my opinion I think that gun control should be handled in a good way.  Also that there should be a well thought out plan to handle this issue.  I care about this issue, because it affects every one, and if there is nothing done about it then that just puts people in more danger.  So, I think that issue should be solved fast, and properly before more people get hurt.

I want to provide details to you on how gun control affects our economy.  If there were more gun control laws then it would reduce deaths.  The United States was ranked 28 in international homicide rates with 2.97 gun murders per 100,000 people in 2012.  There were 464,033 total gun deaths between 1999 and 2013.  Guns were the leading cause of death by homicide (66.6% of all homicides), and by suicide(52.2% of all suicides). Five woman a day are killed by guns in America.  Gun control laws do not deter crimes; gun ownership deters crime.  So every percentages of gun control  increases or decreases every year, but it mostly gets worse if there is nothing done about it.

Thank you for your service and listening to what I have to say.  I just hope that you take this topic into consideration.  I look forward to what you have to do about this issue .   

Sincerely, Hailey L.