MC

Bullying

Dear Madame or Mr. President:

I feel the need to discuss a recurring issue about school problems with bullying.  This is causing a reoccurring issue around the U.S. The people's education is really important to parents across the globe.  They re worrying about the college their child/student will attend as a student in school.  I've noticed and heard lots of this for example people are committing suicide because of bullying and skipping school because of bullying.  For example, over 19% of high school students have considered suicide over 7% have attempted suicide. Ten to 14 year old girls maybe at higher risk according to statistics provided by ABC News.  Nearly 30% either were bullies or victims of bullying and 160 kids stay home from school because of it- which gets in the way of their learning process and gossip is another thing blocking or disrupting kids from learning.

All these are major issues preventing students from learning and education is a big issue/concern that I have.  One issue is people dropping out of school because of lack of participation n class during middle school/junior high school  because they are being distracted and bullied.  Here are some statistics supporting my concern: Hispanic students had the highest dropout rate in the year 2014; it was at 10%.  White students were at the lowest in 2014 at 9,5%. The Black population of students are at about 9.9% and the main thing that causes dropouts is bullying. Seventeen percent of  american students report being bullied two to three times a month or more within a school semester.  One of the problems is on in four teenagers see nothing wrong with bullying and intervene 4% of the time.  In fact, b age 14 less than 30% of boys and 40% of girls will talk to their peers about bullying.  Another interesting fact about bullying is that over 67% parents and students believe that schools respond poorly to bullying.  With a high percentage of students believing that adult help is infrequent and ineffective.  Also 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school. MC