John S. Louisiana

U.S Military Involvement in Foreign affairs

The United States is great country that has been built up by the people. With all this power, some things can go to our head. America has now become the "world police" and has negatively changed the lives of millions of people because of it. The United States of America is a bossy, nosey country. The conflict we are going into are bad, but we are just making matters worse.

The United States is a great country that has been built up by the people. With all this power, some things can go to our head. America has now become the “world police” and has negatively changed the lives of millions of people because of it. The Untied States of America is a bossy, nosey country. The conflicts we are going into are bad, but were just making matters worse. 

America is now entwined in many conflicts across the world. The U.S has a few reasons for involving ourselves in these conflicts: nation building, removing a leader, stopping terror groups, and lastly “spreading true democracy”(Tehrani 1). According to a poll from CBS News, only thirty percent of Americans supported military invention in the Ukraine/ Russian invasion. The constant presence of U.S military in Afghanistan only enjoys the support of thirty-three percent of Americans (Miller 1). Hopefully, this lack of proof will help persuade you in rethinking our military affairs.

One major issue is that we simply can’t afford it. According to Global Research “The Untied States has taken on obligations to spend more than 3.6 trillion dollars on the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Syria” (Kiley 1). This is a big amount of money that we cannot spend. America is already trillions in dollars in debt.

Another main reason the U.S should not involve itself in foreign military affairs is the strain it puts on diplomatic relations. The United States is angering other countries. Our relations in the Middle East are mostly very negative due to the U.S establishing such strong military fronts without their permission. For instance, the U.S invaded Iraq for terrorist reasons and for oil (Hallowell 1). To some of the Iraqis, this is not a reasonable excuse. To them, they see the Americans invading their homeland and taking away a valuable resource. This can even cause more terror and instability for the targeted country or the U.S. 

America’s reasons are understandable. We want to share the glory of democracy with the world. Our attitude is that we also want to make the world safer from terrorists. Have our military interventions so far accomplished this? No. Instead our actions have had unintended consequences. One of these unintended consequences is civilian casualties. This can end up making more terrorists. And we can also create more trouble for our allies, straining relations with countries and putting them in a bad situation with their own citizens. So now we have more terrorists to fight and our allies start to dislike us. It seems we are already making a bad situation worse.

If the U.S were not in debt, the future of new Americans would be brighter. This would make the Untied States even more powerful than it was before. If the United States was not the world police and was not involved in other countries military affairs then, some countries would look upon us more favorably. Maybe we should work harder at inspiring countries instead, creating a greater positive affect on the world.

John Spillane

Runnels

Runnels English I-Honors

English I-Honors