Krystyal R. Missouri

When Someone Says Stop, They Mean Stop.

More teens commit suicide each year because of bullying

10/20/2016

Each day our nation there are an average of 5,240 attempts {suicide} by young people grades 7-12. A study in Britain found that at least half of suicides among young people are related to bullying. Females are the ones who get bullied more than males. A lot of females get bullied for the way they look, walk, talk, their shape, sexaulality and their race. It gets so bad to the point that they try to commit suicide. Sometimes they succeed. Most girls get bullied over the internet. The attacker usually hides behind their screen with a fake account. How you can tell if someone is getting bullied they usually try to stay away from school and the internet. They start getting distant from their friends and family.

¨Bullying isn't a federal law¨ says the government. In my opinion I personally think that bullying should be illegal. People who bully other people are very violent I think that they should get into some kind of trouble caused that is not ok. There's more teen suicide this year alone. They should pass a law for people who bully other people. It's not ok to bully people nor is it funny. When somebody says stop they mean stop. Most victims don't even report people bullying them yes it may be their fault but some people who have seen others get bullied don't do anything about it.

The U.S’s highest suicide rate is in the spring. In every 16.2 minutes 1 person commits suicide. I personally think that the next president should make a law about people bullying others. Some people who are getting bullied usually keep it to themselves. We need to do something about bullying cause it’s getting out of hand, teachers have to separate students from fighting, students are attacking the people close to them, and they harming the people that are around them.

10 to 14 year old girls are an even higher risk for committing suicide. According to statistics nearly 30 percent of students are either bullies or are victims of being bullied. 160,000 kids stay home everyday because of fear of being bullied. How people get bullied they can get cyber bullying, Emotional bullying, and Physical bullying. Some people get bullied over sexting and for sending nudes. You can’t trust the person who you send those pictures because they can post those pictures all over social media. I think that the next president should pass a law over people bullying other people because it's not right for people to be getting hurt for what they look like and for the way they look because that’s who they are.

Krystyal Richey

Camdenton Middle School

Journalism ACI

An area of career interest class in which students research a variety of small and large scale news stories and write their own news articles. These articles are then published in the local newspaper, The Lake Sun. Students are also beginning to create news broadcasts of their stories to send to our local PBS station.