Blake N. Missouri

Gun Violence

A letter about gun violence in The United States

10/20/2016

Did you know that more than 30,000 people are killed by firearms each year in this country? More than 30 people are shot and murdered each day. Half of them are between the ages of 18 and 35 and 1/3 of them are under the age of 20.

The first thing I would like to say to you is congratulations for winning the 2016 presidential election. The second thing that I need to say is that I wish there wouldn’t be so many gun issues all around the world. Gun violence in the United States is becoming a very huge thing and I and other people need to live in a much safer world, especially in Missouri. Also I also would like to say that you can help keep other people safe around the world.

I hope you can help the world with no guns because I don't think people need guns in their lives. When people use guns, it causes more harm than good. It is wrong to be shooting people and injuring them. People just use guns to lower their taxes and money on themselves and we need some help in the world to make the world a better place. The world hates violence and I am tired of seeing people being shot, injured and killed. People don’t want that to happen. They don’t want to be shot or hurt; they want to be fine all the time.

So for gun controls, people don’t need to be shooting guns and killing all the time and we need to try to make the world a nicer place. I want you to help the world and other people that are hurt and down every day about this issue. Like I said in the beginning, more than 30,000 people are shot and murdered each year . I want you to be the one to lower that statistic.

Blake Newell.

Camdenton Middle School

Journalism ACI

An area of career interest class in which students research a variety of small and large scale news stories and write their own news articles. These articles are then published in the local newspaper, The Lake Sun. Students are also beginning to create news broadcasts of their stories to send to our local PBS station.