Itrice New York

Legalization of Marijuana

Marijuana should be legalized in every state because it could help many people in so many different ways. It is already legal in several states but if it got legalized in all states, it could help many more people.

Dear future President,

Marijuana should be legal in all 50 states in America. It is legal in some places, like Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington, but that is not enough; it should be legal everywhere in the U.S. One important reason why it should be legal is that it can be used for medical reasons. It should also be legal because marijuana is an important part of some people's religion. Some religions that use it is the Chinese religion, The Scythians, Ancient Germanic Paganism, Hinduism, and Rastafarians. Another reason it should be legal is that many people have found that it can help with depression, stress, and anxiety.

Many people have found that marijuana has helped them through many treatments and diseases. Marijuana can help people that have cancer, pain, and pediatric lymphoma. Hannah Eberhar had pediatric lymphoma, and she was only 3 years old. She grew up with so much pain, and suffering. After a while of trying to find something to help her, her mother found that cannabis (marijuana), could help her. She found this out that marijuana can help people with lymphoma when she read an article about a boy named Ricked Simponas. After a few weeks of using marijuana, her doctors started to see changes; she was in less pain and she was getting better. Other people also used marijuana to help them and it did. Some people use it for Pain, Cancer, Arthritis, Asthma, Hepatitis C, Migraines, and many more diseases . There are numerous things that medical marijuana can do for people if it was legalized in all states in the United States.

Many people in the U.S already use marijuana. According to the United Nation which is an intergovernmental organization to promote international cooperation, 158.8 million people around the world use marijuana, that's 3.8 % of the world's population. More than 94 million people in the United States have admitted to using marijuana. There are 1,246,170 patients that use medical marijuana. There is such a large number of people who use marijuana, and it helps them so it should be legal everywhere so it can help more people.

You don't always have to use marijuana for medical reasons and deadly diseases; marijuana can also be used for stress and depression. Some people use marijuana for anxiety. For some people marijuana increases anxiety for people, but for others it can decrease the amount of anxiety for people that struggle with it. Many people use marijuana/cannabis instead of going to the doctor for stress because they think it is a more natural stress reliever than pills.

Another reason why marijuana should be legalized is because marijuana is a part of some people's religion. In most people religion marijuana is an important part. People have been using marijuana for many reasons since the BC times. The Scythians have used marijuana as early as back in 484-425 BC. The most common people who use it today is Rastafarians. Rastafarians believe that marijuana is the tree of life. Many Rastafarians look at marijuana as an herb and a plant and not as a drug. Rastafarians also believe that marijuana is a part of worshipping God, the Bible, study, and meditation. Bob Marley one of the most know Rastafarians wrote a song called “Ganja In My Brain”, in this song he said “Marijuana take away my stress and pain,Ganja in my meditation,Ganja in my brain, Marijuana take away my stress and pain, Ganja is the medication, Ganja is the cure”. In this song he explains what they use it for. Overall, I think that marijuana should be legalized because it is such an important and amazing part some of people's religion.

There are so many ways marijuana can help people, medical marijuana; it can help with depression and anxiety, and it's a part of some people's religion and nobody should say whether they can or can not do what what they believe in. Because of this, marijuana should be legalized in all 50 states in the U.S.

Itrice 

Work cited:

Cannabis and Stress by Drake Dorm https://www.medicaljane.com/2013/07/31/chronic-stress-effects-memory-learning-recent-study-shows-cannabis-can-help/

Marijuana plubished March 17, 2015 Updated November 10, 2015 http://www.religionfacts.com/marijuana

Hannah Cancer Journey by Justin Kander https://www.medicaljane.com/2015/02/28/hannah-eberharts-journey-cannabis-extracts-for-pediatric-lymphoma/

Troy High School

Mr. Mo's Amazing English Students

Each of my students has a voice that needs to be heard. These are the minds and hearts that will help shape our country's future. All student writing, audio, video and artwork is 100% original and supported with in-depth research. Enjoy their incredible work.