Sonam L. New York

Environmental Pollution

Pollution makes our beautiful environment an unsafe place for all the people and animals.

Dear Future Mr./Ms. President,

Barry Commoner once said “Environmental pollution is an incurable disease. It can only be prevented.” Around the globe there are many kinds of pollution causing lots of issues. This includes air pollution, water pollution, and soil pollution. This pollution causes serious problems like cancer, breathing difficulties, and worsening of existing lung and heart problems, such as asthma. That makes the earth a dangerous place for animals, plants, and humans to survive. Therefore we as human beings should stop creating more pollution to make the environment safer for humans, animals, and plants.

Pollution is very dangerous for all humans, animals, and plants. Pollution can be caused both by natural sources and humans. Harmful off-gassing can happen from things such as paint, plastic production, and so on. According to one source “ Air pollution consists of chemicals or particles in the air that can harm the health of humans, animals, and plants. It also damages buildings. Pollutants in the air take many forms. They can be gases, solid particles, or liquid droplets.” (nationalgeographic.org ) So, when we breathe the air, instead of oxygen we breathe in the carbon dioxide and other harmful pollutants that make people sick. All that pollution can cause serious problems like cancer, breathing difficulties, worsening of existing lung, and heart problems, such as asthma that increase the risk of heart attack. Therefore I want to tell our next president to create less pollution. In order to create less pollution, we need to have more restrictions on the burning of fossil fuels, coal, oil, or gas. This is important to keep the environment safe and peaceful for all living things.

Pollution has negative effects on our environment. According to one source “One of the greatest problems that the world is facing today is that of environmental pollution, increasing with every passing year and causing grave and irreparable damage to the earth. Environmental pollution consists of five basic types of pollution, namely, air, water, soil, noise and light.” (uccee.org) In our environment, every year pollution issues have been increasing. There are five basic causes of  all the pollution to make people sick. Those five basic types of pollution are namely, air, water, soil, noise, and light. Therefore I wish our next president could start to solve all those issues. For instance stop throwing garbage in water, and start recycling to protect our wonderful environment.

Some people think that pollution is not the most dangerous or important issue in our world. They may think that gun violence, economy, terrorism, and other problems are more important issues than pollution. However, as Jacques-Yves Cousteau has said “Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.” Humans, plants, and animals can't live without clean air, water, and soil.  They are the things that give use the air to breath, water so that we can drink, and soil that plants need for food. Therefore we need to protect them as one of the most important things in our life. They are the things that give us life to survive on earth.

Environmental pollution has been happening for many years, and it still exists. The environment can't destroy or harm it self. It is people who are creating all the pollution. All this pollution is not produced by nature - it is created by humans. Therefore nature became an unsafe place to survive. In order for humans, animals, and plants to exist on earth, we all need air, and water. Without them we can NOT survive on earth.  We need you as our next president to help us stop pollution and save the earth from pollution.

Sonam