Jackson C. Ohio

College Tuition too High?

Addresses rising tuition, student loans and debt and the already high college tuition.

Dear Next President:

Did you know that only 31% of students went to college in 2000.  Do you think that you will be a good president. Do you think that you would be a better president than all of the other candidates in this 2016 election on November 8th?

The topic that I would like to bring to your attention is college tuition. College tuition is the fee that students pay to get a college education and it is often pretty expensive. Therefore, some people can not afford to send their child to college. It matters to me because I want to be able to go to a good college. It matters to other people because some people that want to go to college can not afford the hefty tuition. Hillary Clinton would like to make community colleges have no tuition. What will you do in the future to address the expensive college tuition?

The next point that I would like to mention is rising tuition. Average tuition and fees at private nonprofit four-year colleges and universities increased by 11% over the five years from 2010-11 to 2015-16. This matters to me because I would really like to go to college. It matters to the world because I think that other people in the world would really like to go to college as well. College tuition should be a little bit less expensive than it is because some people can not afford to go to college. How would you be able to help control this problem of rising tuition?

The final point that I would like to bring to your attention is student loans. A student loan is a loan that a student borrows in order to pay for college. After college, the student then has to pay back the entire loan. Over the next decade the federal government will make an estimated profit of over 110 billion dollars on student loans. β€œThis is morally wrong and it is bad economics.” says Bernie Sanders. What would you do to make students have an easier time paying their student loans after college?

In conclusion the issues that I would like to mention about college are college tuition, rising tuition, and student loans. Would you be able to do anything to help lower the tuition of college? Would you be able to lower or stop rising tuition? Or would you be able to relieve students of student loans?

Jackson

Hudson Middle School

HMS 8 Respect

The gathering place of fine young minds in Hudson Middle School!