Michael D. Arizona

Carbon emission issue

The world is overheating at an alarming rate and we must take proactive steps to prevent it from getting larger.

Congratulations on winning the presidential race, it was long fought and very hard, I am sure, and you were the one who pulled through. Congratulations on being chosen as the representative of the people, all the people of the united states, please remember to listen to the people’s voice and take into account what the people have to say. As President there are many issues to be considered, and you were chosen to be one of the people to represent our voice and address these issues.

One of the most important issues in my mind is the large emission of greenhouse gases, the use of fossil fuels instead of renewable energy, and global warming. Greenhouse gases, most largely released from cars, factories and essentially all gas powered items, are getting trapped inside the atmosphere which in turn heat the Earth much further, this will gradually rise and create astounding issues for the human race as a whole to face, this is why we must start taking steps today. The EPA tells us that 81% of all greenhouse emissions are Carbon Dioxide. A possible solution to this issue was first addressed by Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors, as well as SpacEX. With a proposed Carbon-tax this would limit people’s carbon usage. If they were taxed for it the movement to more renewable energy sources would be accelerated and the world would become more green and energy efficient.

The next issue is the use of fossil fuels instead of renewable energy. The sun gives off enough energy in an hour to supply hour world’s energy needs for an entire year, so why do we not take steps to harvest this energy? As a nation we should be moving toward creating renewable energy and rewarding those who are taking steps to use these sources of energy. Funding things such as solar cities and cities powered entirely by renewable energy would help jumpstart the world to go green and reduce carbon and greenhouse gas emissions. The problem of these emissions must be taken seriously or our world and the human race could be in danger in the future. The polar ice caps have melted faster in the last twenty years than in the last 10,000 years combined. This really displays the urgency of this issue and it cannot be something that can be ignored. As the President of the United States of America, one of the most powerful people in the entire world, I urge you to please take this into account and that you take proactive steps toward achieving this goal. Please take what I have said into account and address these issues. Good luck as the next President, and congratulations on achieving this outstanding goal.

-Michael D