Sydney T. Minnesota

Climate Change

Though too often ignored by the problematic eye of today’s society, climate change and the growing heat of the earth is the most threatening issue to our environment, our people, and our world.

Though too often ignored by the problematic eye of today’s society, climate change and the growing heat of the Earth is the most threatening issue to our environment, our people, and our world. In recent years, reports have shown that the climate of the earth, especially in our country, has rapidly increased due to rising levels of heated gasses such as carbon dioxide that have warmed the Earth and are causing drastic effects to our environment, and at a rate quicker than it has been in the past 2,000 years. (State of Washington, Department of Ecology, 1) “Global climate change has already had observable effects on the environment. Glaciers have shrunk, ice on rivers and lakes is breaking up earlier, plant and animal ranges have shifted and trees are flowering sooner. Effects that scientists had predicted in the past would result from global climate change are now occurring: loss of sea ice, accelerated sea level rise and longer, more intense heat waves.” (NASA, page 1) Not only do we know that this issue is affecting the world’s many bodies of ice, waters, and coral reefs, but we therefore know that this issue is a posing threat to our entire existence. (EPA, page 1-2) I believe that climate change should be a priority of our future president because if we do not do something to stop the growing heat of the Earth, then our world and all in it will shatter.

Chaska Middle School East

Mrs. Johnson's 8th Grade Global Studies

Global Studies class letters connecting national issues to the UN's Global Goals.